Sunday, June 21, 2009

Missionaries, Mercenaries or Misfits

They say people who live in Africa are either missionaries, mercenaries or misfits. I'm sure we have been all three at one point or another. But as we have started selling things for the upcoming move, Johanna has become much more of a mercenary.

I came home yesterday to find our guard Gabriel with my hair clippers. Johanna sold them to him for $10. His monthly salary is $90.

They happen to not work in Malawi without a converter as they are 110v and Malawi runs on 220v. But the best thing about Johanna's cool $10 profit, Gabriel doesn't have electricity.

2 comments:

Geo said...

Ouch.

rusted sun said...

While I am certain that Joh has another side to the story, I am still quite entertained.

It was so nice to talk with you guys on Saturday. We love you and miss you!